Visitor Centre & Sculpture Trail
The Visitor Centre, located at the bottom of the park, was constructed in 1993 and demonstrates the use of environmentally-friendly building materials and a range of renewable energy sources.
An adjoining wind turbine, photo-voltaic cells and solar collectors contribute to the Visitor Centre's energy supply. The use of locally sourced timber and other materials, from non-solvent paints to sisal carpeting, all help to reduce the overall environmental ‘footprint' of the structure.
The Visitor Centre contains displays focusing on green issues and the wildlife of the park, as well as changing temporary exhibitions. Toilets and baby changing facilities are also available within the building.
Welsh Myths & Legends Sculpture Trail
What will you bump into in the woods?! Follow the Sculpture Trail and find out. Good luck and safe journey Trail Explorer!
- "Had a lovely day, good value for money and plenty to see and do."
- "A wonderful house and collection - very enjoyable."
- "Lovely peaceful place, would come again."
- "A wonderful place, good food, very helpful staff, excellent day out."
- "Very interesting - well worth the money."
- "Loved looking around the house, got a real feel for life through the years."
- "Brilliant, lovely ambience and memory trail to early childhood. Thank you."
- "We've been before, but every visit we see something new!"
- "Brilliant - one of the best furnished old houses I've seen in the UK."
- "A fascinating insight into Victorian domestic life. Excellent guidance from the printed literature and a relaxed, unforbidding atmosphere."
- "Perfect for a family day out."